- Coffee is the second largest traded commodity surpassed only by Oil, the world's world's largest traded commodity.
- Espresso has 1/3 of the caffeine of a regular cup of coffee. (Which is why I need at least a quad shot standard)
- "Expresso" is not a word; it comes from the same root as "express" as in "The Express Train." The term is ESPRESSO.
- Turkish bridegrooms were required to make a promise to always provide their wives with coffee. If they failed, it was grounds for divorce!
- Dark roasted coffees actually have LESS caffeine than medium roasts. The longer coffee is roasted, the more caffeine burns off in the process..
- Johann Sebastian Bach wrote a cantata about coffee between 1732 and 1734. (Featured in the video below)
- 91% of coffee consumed is taken at breakfast. And sometimes is breakfast.
- The 3 biggest coffee drinkers in the world are the Americans, the French and the Germans. Consuming some 65% of the total world consumption.
- A small study had shown that 2 cups of coffee alleviated the pain of post-gym muscle pain.
- Every single one of the fifty-three countries that grows coffee is located along the equator, between the tropic of Cancer and Capricorn.
So tell me..how will you celebrate this "Coffee Day"?
Do you have any interesting coffee facts to share??