Ten little things you already know just to keep in mind this year as your child goes through the school year in all the activities and projects:
- Cherish your children for what they are, not what you would like them to be.
- Work hard to create in your children a good self-image. It's the most important thing you can do to insure their success.
- Attend you children's athletic contests, science fairs, plays and recitals.
- Let your children overhear you saying complimentary things about them to other adults.
- Read to your children.
- Sing to your children.
- Listen to your children. (Also talk TO them not AT them)
- Encourage (or better yet, require) your children to have a part time job at the age of 16.
- Conduct family fire drills. Be sure everyone knows what to do in case that house catches fire.
- Become your child's hero.
That last one is not as hard as you might think. You may already be, unless you have teenagers - then you may have to wait a few more years before that one comes back in style..
We really need to work on number nine. I don't think we've ever had a fire drill have you?