In this year and a half, I took a good 5 month hiatus after our little run in with Lake Michigan which hurt my following and any connections I had made on twitter so when I came back, it was like I was starting over again. I wanted to be able to share some things with brand new bloggers that I have learned since returning this past March..
What activities, practices, features or events have helped you most in terms of blog or social media growth?
- Taking part in the Ultimate Blog Party with 5 Minutes for Mom was really a boost in confidence and readers - also where I have made some truly lasting relationships with people I've yet to meet both years I have participated.
- Learning about Twitter hashtags like #latteclub #smgirlfriends #wineparty #vlogtalk #commenthour and many others helped me be more social. Of course I also make my own silly #sometimescreative hastags about whatever is going on but you can search any hashtag and see if others are talking about the same thing...
- When I first came back onto the scene and was trying to work my way back to a comfortable place in the social media world, I had total writer's block which happens often but I found a few memes to join each week that helped get me into a routine. I don't take part in all of them anymore, only about half but you can find them all HERE.
- I do take part in various memes that come along that peak my curiosity and creativity. It's a good way to meet new people with similar interests and learn from the other greatly talented bloggers.
- In sharing things that happen to me like the time I Googled Myself, I feel like there is a connection with my readers if I can enlighten them to learn from my experience.
- In sharing things I have learned like How to get the URL for your Tweet, I also form a connection in sharing something that may not be common knowledge.
So these are things that I do that help me grow in the interwebs - what are your tips and tricks?
There's still time to link up with Liz and Jessica - thanks for hosting this ladies!