This is on the wall above my tub because I believe it - along with help from the wine, candles and bubbles of course - helps relax me while I'm in there and I've proven it to be true to myself many times. If you haven't tried changing your thoughts, try it once and see what happens. I think the following list is a reminder of just how powerful words really are.
- Instead of using the words, if only, try substituting the words, next time.
- Every so often push your luck.
- Instead of using the word problem, try substituting the word opportunity.
- Always remember that winners do what losers don't want to do.
- Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein.
- Never underestimate the power of forgiveness.
- Don't expect life to be fair.
- See problems as challenges and opportunities for growth and self-mastery.
- Practice empathy. Try to see things from other people's points of view.
- Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation!
What words or phrases could you be substituting in your life??
Sorry I've been absent this week. I was out of state the last 6 days with family and haven't had much time to post but I will be back to the regularly scheduled program if there ever really was one...