It comes in egg form and is suitable for children over the age of three. It's by a company called Toysmith which I plan to look up and check out because this seems to be one of those toys that are just a little bit out of the ordinary and I am interested to see what else this company has to offer.
Here are the hatching and growing directions:
1. Place the Ginormous Hatchin' Grow Dino' in a large container of water.
2. Make sure the egg is fully submerged.
3. Allow egg to sit in the water undisturbed for 48-72 hours.
4. During this time the Dino' will break out of it's shell and begin to grow!
5. Once the dino has fully broken out of it's shell replace the old water with fresh water and watch the dino grow and grow!
Being that they both got one, we wanted to see which one would hatch faster so we put them in the same container of water - a.k.a. my ice bucket! I filled it with cold water and as we put the eggs in, they filled with water and sank and my son said: "Mom they are alive already!"
We put them in water Thursday at about 4pm. Here's how it started:
By the time the kids came home from school today, we had a face poking out!
So there you have it..our daily log of the Adventures of Ginormous Hatchin' Dino!
I expect them to be more out of the shell in the morning and will update, hopefully by Sunday as they hatch and grow. We are planning on taking one of the dinos during transition and leaving it out of the water to see if it will shrink as the other one put back into the water is supposed to grow. They will decide which one belongs to them and probably name them so tune in for more adventures!