I have to spread the word about the Ultimate in Parties put on by Susan and Janice of 5 Minutes for Mom. I have taken part every year since I started my blog but they have been at this for seven years and they are good at what they do. If you've ever wanted to meet some great bloggers through a link up, this is THE place to start. Every year I find a handful of people I really connect with and become friends.
Take a load off and chat. I'm Amy and I'd like to welcome you into my little spot on the interwebs. It's not much but it's what's been keeping me sane for the last three years. I started blogging in 2010 after getting an itch doing it for my job at the time. I don't consider myself a writer but it sure does help to get things down in writing sometimes. I've had a journal all my life so I suppose this is a pseudo social extension of that. I love bacon, music and the obvious, coffee. I would consider myself a tough love parent even though they secretly both have me wrapped around their fingers. (Just don't tell them that!) I'm the most funny when I'm actually trying to be serious, not sure what that says about me but people laugh the hardest when the last thing I wanted was to make them laugh.
While I could go on and on about me, I don't want to keep you from the rest of the party with my cake and coffee so I will just give you a quick run down on what goes on around here...
Things I Blog About
10 Quick Things
1. My kids are 11 and 8 (going on 18) - he's happy to stay his age, she'd rather be out buying shoes or cruising around town.
2. We are going on 5 years in this house, I continue to call it the new house and there are still light switches we aren't sure what they do.
3. I have a cat I named Dweezil in 1997, he still romps around like a madman in heat almost every single night.
4. I moved back from out of state to live with the love of my life only 3 months after meeting him - we are going on 12 years of mostly blissful marriage and I wouldn't have it any other way and couldn't imagine it with anyone else.
5. People have always thought my younger sister is the older one.
6. I'm good at keeping secrets, it's mainly because I usually forget what people tell me but it keeps them coming back.
7. My mom had me a day before her 21st birthday, the only day she's ever thrown up a shamrock shake.
8. My son was born on my grandmother's 81st birthday - every year they talk and he tells her he can't believe she's 81 years older than him like she's getting so big.
9. Let me tell you about the time I went skydiving.
10. I have the attention span of a squirrel on coffee. I have trouble watching full length movies because it's too much of a commitment to sit there for an hour much less three.
Now please tell me a little something about you - like what made you click my page and how you're digging the party this year. Enjoy yourself and if you need a pick me up later, I've got the coffee ready!